June 24, 2015
The current fire indices and predicted weather (high temperatures and low humidity) are driving the need to increase to an Industrial Fire Precaution Level 2 in WO-1, beginning Thursday, June 25th at 1:00 am. We are tracking about a month ahead of “normal” in both fire danger and low fuel moistures.
Under Industrial Fire Precaution Level 2 the following activities are not permitted between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., except as noted:
1. Power saws, except power saws may operate at loading sites.
2. Cable yarding
4. Welding or cutting of metal
June 22, 2015
A ban on all open and backyard burning will go into effect on June 12 in Linn, Benton and Marion counties. The restrictions will extend through Oct. 15 or later, depending on fire danger.
Oregon Department of Forestry West Oregon District will begin fire season on Tuesday, June 16th.
The West Oregon District is placing public use restrictions on all lands protected by ODF in Benton, Lincoln, and Polk Counties beginning Monday, June 22nd.
· Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads.
· Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
· Chain saw use is prohibited.
· Use of motorized vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads.
· Use of fireworks is prohibited.
· Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.
· Mowing of dried and cured grass with power driven equipment is prohibited, between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., except for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
· Possession of the following firefighting equipment is required while traveling, except on state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2½ pound or larger fire extinguisher.