August 16, 2016
The dramatic warm-up later this week is predicted to take temps near 100 degrees with relative humidity in the low 20’s. The West Oregon District will be moving to an Industrial Fire Precaution Level 3 on Thursday, August 18th in WO-1. More info available here
August 15, 2016
The West Oregon District will go to an IFPL-2 on 8/15/16
August 1, 2016
Beginning Friday, July 29, 2016, the West Oregon District will implement our Public Fire Restrictions (Regulated Use) across the district. Current, and predicted weather, are forecasted to continue drying out forest fuels. Natural curing out of other fine fuels will also accelerate this time of year. All of these factors are causing our fire danger levels to increase to a point that conditions will warrant these additional prevention measures.
June 30, 2016
We appear to be in a steady warm and dry weather pattern for at least the next week. Our indices are progressively moving towards increased fire danger levels. With that, the West Oregon District will go into fire season on Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 0100 hours. The district will be at an IFPL-1 at that time.
June 21, 2016
Fire Season is expected to begin soon.
October 22, 2015
The West Oregon District will terminate fire season on Monday, October 26, 2015 at 1:00 am.
October 2, 2015
Yes we agree….the mornings are cold and damp, but as of today, fire season and regulated use is still in effect! No campfires and no smoking on our forestlands please!
August 31, 2015
A break in the hot, dry weather has allowed the IFPL levels to lower in the West Oregon District.
IFPL Level 2 for WO-1 (Corvallis, Blodgett, Alsea)
IFPL Level 1 for SL-1 (Coastal areas)
IFPL Level 4 for South Cascade (Starker Lands in Linn county)-This is NO CHANGE.
August 26, 2015
IFPL Level 3 for WO-1 (Corvallis, Blodgett, Alsea)
IFPL Level 2 for SL-1 (Coastal areas)
IFPL Level 4 for South Cascade (Starker Lands in Linn county)
Fire danger remains extreme. Starker Forests is one of only a few forest landowners whose lands remain open to the public for recreational use. Conversations are occurring on a daily basis about whether we will close our lands to the public due to the current weather conditions, weather forecast and available firefighting resources.
As of now, our lands remain open. Please check our website or Facebook page for updates.
Please remember the following rules and guidelines for recreational use on our lands.
1 – Walk in access only – absolutely NO motorized vehicles at any time
2 – No parking in tall grass
3 – DO NOT Block gates – you will be towed at your expense
4 – Absolutely NO smoking or target shooting at any time
Contact Starker Forests or the local County Sheriff’s office if you notice anyone using our forestlands in an unauthorized manner. Please call our office if you have any questions.
July 29, 2015
Very hot, dry, and unstable conditions are in the forecast by mid-week, coupled with already dry fuels has prompted an IFPL change.
Effective 1:00 am, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, West Oregon District will be going to an IFPL level 3 in WO-1 and an IFPL 2 in SL-1.
June 24, 2015
The current fire indices and predicted weather (high temperatures and low humidity) are driving the need to increase to an Industrial Fire Precaution Level 2 in WO-1, beginning Thursday, June 25th at 1:00 am. We are tracking about a month ahead of “normal” in both fire danger and low fuel moistures.
Under Industrial Fire Precaution Level 2 the following activities are not permitted between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., except as noted:
1. Power saws, except power saws may operate at loading sites.
2. Cable yarding
4. Welding or cutting of metal
June 22, 2015
A ban on all open and backyard burning will go into effect on June 12 in Linn, Benton and Marion counties. The restrictions will extend through Oct. 15 or later, depending on fire danger.
Oregon Department of Forestry West Oregon District will begin fire season on Tuesday, June 16th.
The West Oregon District is placing public use restrictions on all lands protected by ODF in Benton, Lincoln, and Polk Counties beginning Monday, June 22nd.
· Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads.
· Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
· Chain saw use is prohibited.
· Use of motorized vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads.
· Use of fireworks is prohibited.
· Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.
· Mowing of dried and cured grass with power driven equipment is prohibited, between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., except for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
· Possession of the following firefighting equipment is required while traveling, except on state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2½ pound or larger fire extinguisher.