Starker Forests, Inc. works to provide a wide variety of educational opportunities for people of all ages.
Some of our activities include:
- Wednesday Tours – Starker Forests led tours to the Starker Memorial Trail (summer months only)
- Elementary School Field Trips – We host over 1000 students per year at our interpretive trail near Blodgett.
- Forest Camp (An outdoor school) – 180 sixth graders from smaller, rural schools learn about forestry, ecology and the outdoors.
- Annual Tree Planting Day – 160 kids and 60 adults work with the Philomath High School Forestry class to plant seedlings each winter.
- Philomath Outdoor School – 200 sixth graders and 25 high school counselors, organize the forestry lesson, lead “Wilderness Survival”
- Winter Wildlife Field Day – Hosted a booth for youth wildlife education at Finley National Wildlife Refuge.
- Leadership Corvallis – Host forest tours for Natural Resources Day
- Scouts – provide camping and other forest related opportunities for Scouts and adult leaders
- Starker video – I’m Not an Alien
- Youth Leadership Corvallis/Philomath – steering committee, lead Natural Resources Day
- Webelos – help fourth and fifth grade boy scouts get their forest activity badge at the trail