Fire Season and Regulated Use Closure is in effect on all Starker Forests lands.
Fire season is determined by the state forester when vegetation becomes dry and fires become harder to control.
The Industrial Fire Precaution Level is Level 2. Level 2 means that forest operation sites are required to have fire prevention equipment, firefighting equipment, and a fire watch after shutdown.
Under Industrial Fire Precaution Level 2, the use of fire or power-driven machinery in any operation area is unlawful unless such use is in compliance with the following:
Partial Shutdown. The following activities are not permitted between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., except as noted:
1. Power saws, except power saws used at loading sites.
2. Cable yarding.
4. Welding or cutting of metal.
These restrictions will remain in effect until replaced or terminated by an additional Closedown Order of the State Forester or an authorized representative.
All ODF Districts that included Starker Forests lands are in a Regulated Use Closure.
Listed below are additional restrictions:
- Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads.
- Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
- Chain saw use is prohibited.
- Use of motorized vehicles, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads.
- Possession of the following fire fighting equipment is required while traveling, except on state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one 2Â½ pound or larger fire extinguisher.
- Use of fireworks is prohibited.
- Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.