The ODF West Oregon District, providing fire protection in rural Polk, Lincoln and Benton Counties begins Regulated Use Closure on Wednesday, August 8, 2012.
Under this Regulated Closure, except as to the ownerâ€™s legal right of entry upon their land, entry to all forestland is unlawful unless entrants comply with the following restrictions:
1. Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads.
2. Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
3. Chain saw use is prohibited.
4. Use of motorized vehicles, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads.
5. Possession of the following fire fighting equipment is required while traveling, except on state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2Â½ pound or larger fire extinguisher.
6. Use of fireworks is prohibited.
7. Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.
The State Forester or an authorized representative may, in writing, approve a modification or waiver of these requirements.
Complete information about Regulated Use Closure restrictions is available on the ODF web site: